View Profile sorohanro

All 302 Audio Reviews

185 w/ Responses

I like the composition and arrangement, not a big fan of the vocal, but it's fine. Maybe start a collab with a really good vocalist? It's a nice composition, it deserves the best you can get for it.
5 stars anyway.
Cheers ;)

Brilliant!

Impressive! Don't know how this passed over my "radar".

Troisnyx responds:

Eeee, cheers. ^_^ I hope to do a much better quality one in future, now that I've got a few more drums in my arsenal.

Could have used a real guitar. I like the reverb on the voice.

Troisnyx responds:

I did use a real guitar, but I didn't have the muscle memory and was making too many mistakes. In fact, that Les Paul is still present in the track, just not in the forefront due to the errors ^_^'

Nice. From the title I was expecting something more aggressive, but it's a really cool track. Thanks for sharing.

Really nice opening, hope to hear more from you.

I can hear the inspiration from "This is Halloween" by Danny Elfman from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Well done. The theremin sound is a nice touch.

Interesting choice of instruments... 2 baritone saxophones?
Some instruments doesn't sound like live instruments, more like Broadway Big Band by Fable Sounds, but the composition is nice.

VociferousMusic responds:

I have looked for the "Broadway Big Band" you mentioned. After I have seen the preview video, I got to the conclusion, that the sound package contains live-performed instruments, that were recorded and converted into wav-files, which is not very different from what I have done with this song.

Yes, it might not sound that obvious, but there is one baritone sax placed in the foreground and the other in the background.

Very nice track. Not perfect, I don't like the mix, but the music is really cool, as usual.
Troisnyx, one of the most gifted musicians in the universe.

Now about the mix, the drums seems to be somehow panned to the left, the voice doesn't cut enough through the mix (for my taste) and generally speaking, could be a bit louder and cleaner. Loved the "phone" effect on the voice.

Troisnyx responds:

Glad you enjoyed the track -- and thank you for the high praise ;_; ❤️ I felt like this was let down by the mix and I'd like to be able to make a good job out of this.

The snare seems a bit panned to the left from what I can hear; I remember attempting to pan every drum individually to resemble the kit setup I have. The voice is too nasal for my taste, as someone rightly pointed out earlier, which is something I desperately need to work on.

Pretty cool, simple and fun.

Don't be bitter, be better. (A.Madubuko) Flesh will rot but songs remain in ages. (Citrina)

Mihai Sorohan @sorohanro